Whether you’re a bigger rider or just into bigger mileages and higher speeds, nothing can match 29er wheels for making tough trails easier and long climbs effortless. What makes our 629 hardtail totally different from the rest is that we teamed these advantages with our award-winning Trail Geometry and a thru-axle Boost frame to let you take that extra speed and efficiency onto the toughest, most technical trails.
Single chain-ring specific frames with shorter and wider-set chain-stays mean dynamic handling and sequential shifting simplicity. Optimised offset 120mm travel thru-axle forks bring the benefits of this performance-enhancing innovation, pioneered on the multi-award-winning Whyte S-150, to our trail-riding 29er hardtail audience.
The Whyte 629 V4 gets a new updated fork and drivetrain for 2022, as well as a KS Rage adjustable dropper seat post for a perfect fit.
WHYTE 629 KEY FEATURES
- Frame: 6061 Aluminium Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium Multi Butted Boost Frame, internally Routed.
- Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL 29″, 120mm Travel 44mm Offset, DebonAir Boost 110mmx15mm
- Wheelset: WTB ST i27 TCS 2.0 32H Tubeless Ready Rims
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle 12 Speed X-Sync 2 32T DUB Boost, 11-50T Cassette
- Brakeset: SRAM Guide T 4-Piston 180mm Rotors
- Seatpost: KS Rage 30.9mm with South Paw MMX Remote Dropper
So, whether you’re racing, using your skills to hunt thrills or heading far into the hills, there’s a very big advantage to be gained by thinking big when you think Whyte.